Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Atlantic Amazon : Elite Wave Riders Crush the Pororoca

So the other day I was once again confined to a comfortable station on my couch enjoying a rather exquisite spliff, allowing me to mimic zombies and basically sift through satellite channels. When engaging in such an act, I tend to clutter the brain with nonsense so rarely acquired throughout the usual "grind", (of course exceptions will be made for any games, sportscenter, or comedy). At times, these ventures require some sort of assistance, luckily my youngest brother was also in a similar state of mind and casually shifted our viewing focus to some surfing documentary. That's when it hooked me.

I was not aware something of this magnitude existed, nor the fact that there were actually maniacs with balls large enough to attack this aquatic beast of nature. Twice a year, between the months of February and March, the Atlantic Ocean waters roll up the Amazon river, in Brazil, generating the longest wave on the Earth. The phenomenon, known as the Pororoca, is caused by the tides of the Atlantic Ocean which meet the mouth of the river. This tidal bore generates waves up to 12 feet high which can last for over half an hour.

What was witnessed during this fantastic session of greenery were a group of surfing extraordinaries spitting in the face of Poseidon himself, riding this ginormous wave for 20 minutes at a time. One fucking wave for almost half an hour, bonkers! It basically bugged me out to the point I needed to do a piece on it, enjoy.




Bonus Shit! I had to throw this in, I had to.


Weezy F. Baby: "Mr. Carter" feat. Jay Hova
Mr. Carter (featuring Jay-Z) - Lil Wayne

Posted By Los Diablo for Pimpin' Pens

1 comment:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

that looks like fun
where my parrinahs at lol